Fisher Memorial - Men’s Ministry
Our FMC Men’s Ministry has certainly impacted many lives over the years, which is one of the reasons why Men’s ministry is so vitally important. It starts from the of the church, which is our leader, Pastor Alfred M. Fisher. We appreciate and enjoy studying the Word of God... as we fellowship, praise, joke, laugh and spiritually uplift one another. It was Paul who wrote to Timothy in 1 Timothy 2:8, that he wanted “the men in every place to pray, lifting up holy hands without anger or argument.” This is significant because Paul is advocating for men to pray, worship, and lead the church in peace. In other words, men—just like women—are essential to the mission of the church. So, what does a life-changing, fruitful men’s ministry look like? Here are five traits to keep in mind as you build an effective men’s ministry:
1. Be Christ-Centered Every ministry of the church needs to have Jesus at its core. Let's face it, if it wasn’t for Jesus, Men would probably would never even talk to each other. Jesus is our reason for our existence.
2. Prayer-Focused Paul called Timothy to first have the men to pray together. God does an amazing work when men pray together in unity. James 5:16 says, “Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another, so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is very powerful in its effect.” the reason for all we do. Don’t miss this point as you keep Christ at the center of your ministry.
3. Word-Impacted We’re called to make disciples, and men’s ministry is an important part of accomplishing that mission. Also, to study the Bible book by book together.
4. Relationship-Building Paul also emphasized to Timothy the need for men to be at peace with one another as they served Christ together. Relationships take time, honesty, and patience, and an effective men’s ministry has activities and settings that encourage bonding to take place.
5. Ministry-Engaging The purpose of a men’s ministry is to make disciples of the men you engage. However, this also includes equipping men in your ministry to do the same. Ministry events make use of the gifts and experience of the men you have in your ministry. An effective men’s ministry provides plenty of opportunities available for men to serve others.